Wednesday, July 22, 2015

August Art Show

I'm sorry I have been missing in action at my blog.  Like everyone else in the world, I have been having a busy summer.  Spending time with my little grandson, Phillip.  Going the quilt camp, and lately, working like mad on my upcoming art show at the gallery. (Gallery Calapooia, Albany OR)
The gallery has had a couple people leave the gallery, which leaves more space to fill.  Yiikes!!  That means me!  So, even though I have a lovely children's book I'm suppose to be working on, my publisher is quite nice about me working on other projects as well as their projects.  So....that is what I have been up too.  Painting, cutting paper and framing things to beat the band.  I'm almost finished.
I thought I would share a little study I did of Lois, my sweet and devoted dog friend.  She is a Pembrook Welsh Corgi.  The kind without a tail.  She has a pretty face.  I'm not sure this really captures how lovely she is.  But, I like it anyway.  I always have a picture of her in my art shows.  Don't know why I started doing that?   Anyway, here it is.
This is a watercolor, done on 140 lb. watercolor paper.  5x7

No comments:

Post a Comment