Tuesday, October 12, 2010

All Signed Up

Well, I just signed up for the 2011 Society of Children's Book Writers & Illustrators Winter Conference in New York.  I'm giddy.  Truth be told I have been twice before, and both times it was wonderful from start to finish and well worth the money I spent.  At least I tell myself that it was worth it. I did learn a lot.  This year I'm going not only to the conference but also to the Illustrators Intensive, which is a fancy way of saying workshop.  I am meeting my cousin Robin in New York and we'll attend together.  I grew up with Robin and we always have a wonderful time together.  Mostly we giggle a lot.  Anyway, that's my news and now I think I'll go put a cold compress on my head.  I'm not use to spending money fast and loose.  Cheers!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa - I am jealous, not really but I have always wanted to go also. I'm looking forward to the local conference coming up in November. Good way to get introduced I think so, maybe next year. Cute image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, well, I for one, can see you illustrating childrens' books with NO problem at all!
    Hugs,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. This should be really interesting. Don't forget to take lots of pictures and tell us about it. I'm sure it will be inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. he he he he he! I love your post! I can't believe it's time for the Winter SCBWI conference already. Wow! Melissa your work is delightful and so much fun. I really love your fresh and beautiful style. I have been to the conference a few time, but I don't know if I will be able to go this year, but I wish you well. It's so very nice to met you. Thank you ever so much for your very kind words and compliments left on my blog. You are to kind. Wishing you all the best and make sure you take lots of pictures and share them.
    Best
    V

    ReplyDelete