Monday, February 9, 2015

Finished !!!

I just finished the last illustration for The Quiet Bear.  What a labor of love.  Really.  Things started out great with this book, and then I got another book project that needed to be completed asap!  So, Gretchen Leary, who wrote The Quiet Bear, was kind enough to say it was okay to work on the other book and then come back to this project.   So, that's what I did.  The other book is called Detective Punybutmighty by Chari Partain. (it's suppose to be published this month)
So, as soon as I finished Detective Puny, I got back to work on The Quiet Bear.  Except....my Mom got sick.  Really sick, in the hospital on and off kind of sick.  So, the poor bear waited for me.  Slowly my Mom got better and I was able to get back to work.  I have been painting like crazy for weeks trying to finish this project for Gretchen.

Anyway,  it is finished.  I'm pretty proud of it.  Can not wait to see what it will look like as a book.

Now, I have a little project that I promised I would do for the Carousel Project here in Albany, OR.  After I finish that...another book!   Yes, it's true.  My cousin Robin has written a sweet, funny story and the best part is, we get to work together on a project.  Dream come true.
I will let everyone know when The Quiet Bear is published and ready to buy.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment