Friday, April 8, 2016

Butterfly Queen

And just like that, she became queen of the garden!
I finished another cut paper piece.  I know, I'm really on a roll!  This one is the Butterfly Queen. Done with the paper I hand painted.  Very colorful, if I do say so myself.   Sort of tropical looking.  If you look closely, you can see her crown.  I painted the background with acrylic paint then stamped white letters on top of the blue paint.  I was trying for movement.  Then began building with paper. I made the butterfly first but added her to the piece last.  I like how it turned out.

 I thought I was suppose to be working at the gallery this afternoon.  But, I showed up to work and the other Friday person was there.   I think he got a little confused, or else it was me.  But, he wanted to stay and work and I wanted to go make art.  So, everyone is happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment