Thursday, September 1, 2016

Colorful!

As you can probably determine for yourself, I'm not shy about using color.  The funny thing is, I've been watching a workshop video by a well known collage artist.  Who will remain anonymous.  Anyway, in this workshop the artist says to always mix your acrylic colors with white before using them in a piece of art.  Yikes!!!  I guess that's fine if you want a bit more muted color.  But, to tell you the truth, I like bright colors and I think kids do too.  So, the workshop was very informative but I'm not going to do everything she suggests.  I think I'll use my artists license and just go for it!
This piece is quite small, about 5x5 in size.  All the papers used were painted and stamped by me.  I did a little mixing.  But not much.


No comments:

Post a Comment