Thursday, October 8, 2015

Commissioned Artwork

Well, those of you who know me, know I almost never do commissioned artwork for people.  I have had way too many times when it didn't work out well for me.
I do lots of commissioned work for publishers and love that.  Probably because I have an art director telling me what they want and I know I'll get paid in the end.  Anyway, a very nice gentleman convinced me to do a piece of art for him.  Here it is.  I must admit, I enjoyed making this very much. 
It is for a very special girl.  A girl who has been through some very difficult times in her short life.
It is based on a dream she had recently.  A dream that convinced her that her life would get better and the good news is...it has.  I hope this artwork will always be a reminder to her of how strong she is and the care and love others have for her.  This work was commissioned by her CASA workers.
In case you are not familiar with CASA , it stands for Court Appointed Special Advocates.  In other words, regular folks in the community volunteer their time to help hurt and abused children.

Here is a close up of the jack rabbit in the background.  The snow covered hills in the background are pages from an old Bible.  My hope was that this young girl may find comfort someday in the words.
I used the 25 Psalm and a few others as well.

O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

I am not a super religious person but I am spiritual.  I guess I would not have taken this project on if I wasn't.
 Thanks for checking in with me and my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment