Thursday, October 15, 2015

Working on New Things

I went recently to an illustration retreat.  It was held at Silver Falls State Park. Very nice.  The retreat was put on by SCBWI Oregon/Washington groups.  So, a lot of people attended.  Forty eight illustrators to be exact and two instructors.  LeUyen Pham and Caldecott winning illustrator Eric Rohmann.  I was star struck to say the least.
I learned so much, my head can't hold all the information.  I had a great time.
Eric Rohmann had us play with some lino cut.  I had never done that before.  Didn't really know what I was doing.  But, have been playing with it since I got home.

Here is a wee angel I made.  I think I'll make some Christmas cards with her.
Then, I thought...hey why don't I do lino cut artwork for the background of some of my cut paper art?
Might be interesting.  It turns out it was interesting to me.  Yay!

Here is the beginning of a new piece.
And the finished work.  Lino cut for the background town and trees. I printed the town and colored it with colored pencil, then cut it out.  Cut paper for the boy on the bike and the street.  The background map is just that, a paper map.
 Thanks for visiting my blog.  Whoever you are.


No comments:

Post a Comment