Sunday, October 3, 2010

Just Quilting the Afternoon Away

I don't think I have mentioned that I am a quilter.  Well, I am.  I'm not a really good quilter but, I give it my best.  Here is the thing, I'm not real fussy, so sometimes my seams don't match up.  I don't really care about that.  I just like playing with fabric and color.  I'm almost finished with a house quilt I started awhile ago. So, thought I would show you pictures of my quilt so far. The pattern is from the book Piecing the Piece O' Cake Way by Becky Goldsmith and Linda Jenkins.  They have a wonderful web page with lots more info about them and their projects. www.pieceocake.com Anyway, I've been having a lovely Sunday afternoon in my sewing room. Yes, I have a sewing room.  It also doubles as a junk room.  I like it in there and now that summer is over maybe I'll spend more time in my sewing/junk room.  Oh by the way my daughter Meg is a wonderful quilter and she has a blog as well.  Stop by and take a look sometime.  Her corners match up.  She didn't learn it from me but I did try and teach her lots of other cool stuff.  Her blog address is:  mmccafferty2010.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. Melissa, this is so sweet! I love the colors and the pattern. I'm a quilter too, and a fan of Becky and Linda's. I also like Blackbird Designs and have a quilt they designed almost finished. I love house quilts too. There's something so charming about them and this one is cuter than most I've seen - more colorful. Love it!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa - I love your house quilt and I like the way you played with the fabric and color. It's sew you. Are you going to show us your sewing/junk room?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your nice comments. You are both very sweet. No, Janet I will never show the sewing room. It's a mess. Well, maybe I'll clean up and show it to you sometime. Don't hold your breath! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see how you lay them out!

    ReplyDelete