Tuesday, March 26, 2013

An Illustrated Name

So, I have been trying to figure out a fun way to make a little extra money with my illustrations.  Lucky me, I follow a wonderful blog by illustrator Will Terry.  He talked a lot about how much the illustration community has changed over the last 20 years.  Will talked about thinking outside the box and finding your place in the marketplace.  So, now I'm really getting into some deep thinking.  I thought well,  I really like to paint and draw fonts.  How about illustrating names? I know this has probably been done before, but not by me.   I'm practicing at the moment.  I have a daughter named Meg, she is the first name I illustrated.  Meg has a nice dog named Tucker she likes to quilt and read and cook and she has a cute husband too.  I am working on my son Todd's name next.  Anyway,I think it turned out pretty good.   I have to figure out an order form and price per letter. And then I have to find a way to get customers.  What do you all think?  Is this a good idea?


Here is Will's blog address if you would like to go be inspired as well.
http://willterry.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. "Meg" is wonderful! My niece just welcomed her 2nd child~ both children have their names as part of their room decor. I think it is a FANTASTIC idea :) Pinterest, Etsy and blogging will build your sales of these wonderful treasures~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Michelle. You are so kind.
    I'll get to work on it.

    ReplyDelete