Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Starting a New Book

Well truthfully,  I've been working on this book for awhile now.  Lots of sketching.  Lots of character drawings.  Trying to figure out the layout of the book.  But, mostly trying to decide weather to illustrate in watercolor or in cut paper.  As you know, I have fallen in love with cut paper.  I just can't seem to leave those little scissors alone.  At any rate, this is a bit of a run down of how I go from sketch to final illustration.  I hope you enjoy.
Thumb nail sketch, very small.  I always love the first sketch the best.  It's so spontaneous!
A more finished sketch at the 100% page size.
Then I start building the parts of the illustration.
Tuti was first.
And the finished illustration.  I did a watercolor wash background and then started building from the background, right up to placing the scissors in the foreground.  I took a photo of the finished artwork instead of scanning.  I think it shows more depth.




No comments:

Post a Comment